How to Find Your Misplaced PAX Era
July 23, 2018 @ 8:10AM
Our customers and budtenders alike have been loving the new PAX Era oil vaporization system, though it does have a drawback; one common issue, as it turns out, is that the device is so small and discreet that it’s entirely too easy for a habitual cannabis user to misplace it on a regular (if not daily) basis.
Having gone through this song and dance a few times now, we wanted to share a checklist for places to look when you misplace your PAX Era device:
- Check your jacket pockets
- Check the pockets in the other jacket you wore this week (it’s Seattle, so we all own tons of jackets)
- Wait, wasn’t it raining when you left the house the other day? Check the pockets of your rain coat.
- Are you wearing jeans? Empty the contents of your pockets, see if it’s there, then give yourself a pat-down just to be sure.
- Were you wearing a different pair of pants or shorts the last time you had your PAX Era? Check the pockets.
- Check your laundry basket (or laundry pile)
- Do you carry a purse? Rummage through that for a few minutes as you contemplate why there aren’t better options for keeping your stuff organized.
- Maybe it fell out of your pocket when you sat down: if you’re at home, check between the couch cushions.
- Is it still in your mouth?
- Check the abyss between your seat and the car door.
- If you have a cat, check under the cat. 90% of lost household items usually turn out to be under the cat.
- Check your nightstand.
- Check under or next to your nightstand (in case the cat knocked it over).
- Did you take a trip recently? Check the pockets of the bag you packed.
- Do you wear sunglasses or reading glasses? Maybe you tossed your PAX Era into the case with your glasses.
- Wander around your house and shout, “heeeere PAX” repeatedley. If you did that, you’re already way too high, so chill out before you start looking again in an hour or so.
If it’s not in any of those places, wait 24 hours and see if it doesn’t magically reappear somewhere. If your device is still missing after 24 hours, consider buying a replacement from us for $30 (our 0.5g replacement pods are currently $36 & $45 as of this writing) and move on with your life. It’ll be a pleasant surprise for you if/ when your original PAX Era shows up sometime in the future.
Hopefully the PAX developers will come up with a “Find My PAX” feature along the lines of Apple’s “Find My iPhone” app, but until then, try being proactive to prevent your PAX Era from getting lost:
- Dedicate a small phone case to keep your PAX device in to give it some extra bulk.
- Tape your device to your left wrist, then cover your face with your left hand when you want to take a hit.
- You know those orange foam keychain things that people put on boat keys? Try attaching one to your PAX Era device with a rubber band to prevent it from getting lost (plus it’ll float if you lose it on the water).
- Attach your device to a lanyard and wear it around your neck.
- Use a zip tie to affix one of those beeping “key finder” keychains to your PAX Era device, then clap or whistle any time you misplace it.
- Get one of those sick wallet chains, duct tape one end to your device, and clip the other end to the belt loop of your JNCO jeans.
Good luck and happy vaping!
Article by Ramsey Doudar; an in-house marketing and social media strategist at Herbn Elements. Ramsey's perspective is influenced by 2 years of budtending, 5 years as a cannabis industry marketing professional, and 10+ years of being a super picky medical patient.